Smart Material & Design Lab.Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering, Dongguk University
Heung Soo Kim, Ph.D.
Director of BK21 AIMS Center
Director of DGU Global Smart Factory Center
Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering Dongguk University
30 Pildong-ro 1 Gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, 04620, Korea
Tel : +82-2-2260-8577
Fax : +82-2-2263-9379
- Ph.D. (2003) Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Dissertation: A Comprehensive Coupled Theory for Smart Composite Structures Including Delaminations, Advisor: Aditi Chattopadhyay
- MS. (1999) Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
Thesis: Iterative Free-Edge Stress Analysis of Composite Laminates under Extension, Bending, Twisting and Thermal Loadings, Advisor: Maenghyo Cho
- BS. (1997) Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
- 03/2010 – Present Professor, Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering, Dongguk University-Seoul, Korea.
- 03/2008 – 02/2010 Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu, Kyungsan, Korea.
- 08/2004 – 02/2008 Research Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea.
- 12/2003 – 07/2004 Research Scientist, US Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
- 08/2002 – 12/2003 Teaching Associate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
- 08/2000 – 08/2002 Research Associate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- 08/1999 – 07/2000 Part-time Lecturer, Structural Division, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Junior College of Inchon, Incheon, Korea
- 03/1997 – 07/1999 Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
- Prognostics and Health Management (PHM)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Biomimetic Actuator
- Adaptive Structures
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Optimization
- Numerical Analysis
- Composite Structures
- 2015/12/31JMST Contribution Award for Most Citations of JMST Papers in 2014, KSME, Springer
- 2013/10/11International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing Most Downloaded Article Award, 2011 to 2012
- 2013/08/28Best Paper Award, “Active healing of delaminated smart composite structure using feedback control,” The 7th World Congress on Biomimetics, Artificial Muscles and Nano-Bio(BAMN2013)
- 2011/04/15, Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea , Future Technology Award
- 2008/08/22, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Advisory Professor Award, KSAE Mini Baja
- 2001, Winner of AHS (American Helicopter Society) Lichten Best Paper Award, Southwest Chapter