Smart Material & Design Lab.Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering, Dongguk University
Name: Heung Soo Kim / 김 흥 수
Director of BK21, AIMS center
Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering / 기계로봇에너지공학과
Dongguk University-Seoul / 동국대학교 서울캠퍼스
30 Pil-dong 1 Gil, Jung-Gu, Seoul, 04620, South Korea
- Ph.D. (2003) Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Dissertation: A Comprehensive Coupled Theory for Smart Composite Structures Including Delaminations, Advisor: Aditi Chattopadhyay
- MS. (1999) Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
Thesis: Iterative Free-Edge Stress Analysis of Composite Laminates under Extension, Bending, Twisting and Thermal Loadings, Advisor: Maenghyo Cho
- BS. (1997) Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
- 03/2010 – Present Professor, Department of Mechanical, Robotics and Energy Engineering, Dongguk University-Seoul, Korea.
- 03/2008 – 02/2010 Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu, Kyungsan, Korea.
- 08/2004 – 02/2008 Research Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea.
- 12/2003 – 07/2004 Research Scientist, US Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
- 08/2002 – 12/2003 Teaching Associate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
- 08/2000 – 08/2002 Research Associate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- 08/1999 – 07/2000 Part-time Lecturer, Structural Division, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Junior College of Inchon, Incheon, Korea
- 03/1997 – 07/1999 Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea
- Prognostics and Health Management (PHM)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Biomimetic Actuator
- Adaptive Structures
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Optimization
- Numerical Analysis
- Composite Structures
- 2015/12/31JMST Contribution Award for Most Citations of JMST Papers in 2014, KSME, Springer
- 2013/10/11International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing Most Downloaded Article Award, 2011 to 2012
- 2013/08/28Best Paper Award, “Active healing of delaminated smart composite structure using feedback control,” The 7th World Congress on Biomimetics, Artificial Muscles and Nano-Bio(BAMN2013)
- 2011/04/15, Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea , Future Technology Award
- 2008/08/22, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Advisory Professor Award, KSAE Mini Baja
- 2001, Winner of AHS (American Helicopter Society) Lichten Best Paper Award, Southwest Chapter